29 November 2012

Design Project 1

So admittedly I have been a bit slack on keeping this up to date :( I'm sorry, I'm sure once I fill you in on all I've been doing you'll understand. The first main design project on my course began with journalistic style sketches of fashion shows. This was done by watching videos of recent fashion shows and trying to capture the key looks, colours, shapes and styling in the show. From all the s/s 13 shows we watched we then had to chose the one we were most interested in and produce 6 black and white collages based on them. For my inspiration collection I chose Alexander McQueen.
Some of my favourite pieces from the collection. We then had to produce 100 sketches and 100 technical flats based on this collection...in 4 days. This was in our second week of uni which lead to some very stressed students and some very late nights.
After the stress of this initial work we then thought we were being let of gently with a trend forecasting project, we were split into 4 groups and given a theme, curiosity, the unknown, rebellion and nostalgia. This theme we were given would lead onto a body of work inspired by this initial theme which included, 100 initial images in a research sketchbook presented in a different way, and eventually after lots of crit 50 sketches and technical flats.
This was a crazy amount of work and all happened in the space of a few weeks alongside other projects which I will fill you in on later.
Sorry for the slack posting
fff x


No comments:

Post a Comment