3 February 2014

Life Update- January 2014

So, as your probably aware I've been a little absent from the blogging world since November. I feel that I should be honest about the reasons for this, as it will hopefully help others in similar positions. As you may already know from previous posts & my twitter I suffer with anxiety and depression, just before Christmas things just became too much for me. I was signed off university & had my dosage of happy pills doubled; which as you can imagine wasn't much fun for me.

Sadly due to these issues I wasn't able to finish my Isabella Blow inspired garment, which I was, and still am, devastated about; as I felt it was my first piece where my design style was really beginning to show. I will however update you with my initial drapes from the project, and hopefully in my own time, I will be able to finish it. This period of time away also left me with a bit of a backlog workwise, so blogging took a backseat whilst I made sure I was on top of things again.

The good news is I'm back! and determined to face anything life throws at me. In the coming weeks I get to pop home for reading week, which will be lovely to see my loved ones, take a cheeky day trip to see my sister in Cambridge, and just enjoy the projects being thrown at me by uni.

Also a note I must add, unless I'm at Home(in Norwich) there will be a distinct lack of outfit posts :( Sorry! This is due to me living in a basement flat, which means the lighting is pretty rubbish most of the time, and its too grotty for me to be doing photos outside. I'm hoping to grow in confidence with the blog, and by summer be able to perhaps do some cheeky shots (with a flatmate playing photographer maybe) in the little courtyard we have.

Anyway, enough for now, as I'm currently writing some posts to queue up for you.
Hope you are all well and had wonderful Christmases and New Years

FFF
xox

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you have come back, I'm sorry you've been suffering, mental health issues are never fun!

    Good luck and much happiness to you!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your troubles - I hope 2014 is kind to you.
    Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete