22 December 2012

Design Project

For the last month of term we were asked to spend 2 days a week working on a design project that would consist of research including 100+ images, this would then flow into 100+ initial designs ending with 4 final looks and the appropriate design work to go with them (a final line up and working drawings for each garment)
I found this project difficult, and initially started with a different theme and spent the first half of the project muddling along with a complicated theme. After a tutorial with my head of course I decided to strip the project right back and not over-complicate in my theme. The starting point we were given was structures so second time going I chose London architecture as my theme.
Obviously there was a wealth of imagery and information available and I was able to quickly get back up to the 100+ research images; another change with the re-starting of the project was that I used Pinterest to help collate my research.
Click the link to see my London inspired board :)
My main sources of inspiration were the Millennium Bridge and The Gherkin, both designed by Foster & Partners.
Line up and sketches will follow once I've had my feed back on them 
FFF x 

No comments:

Post a Comment