23 December 2012

Red to Pink Dip Dye

So I've had red hair for quite a while now, and as much as I love my red hair I do get a little bit bored of having to keep a similar colour; in my earlier teenage years my hair colour would struggle to last 6 months before I would get bored and changed it. So to spice things up I finally took the plunge and dip dyed my hair. If you google dip dye red hair, the bulk of the results are of people adding red to the ends as opposed to Red heads adding colour to their ends. After deliberation I decided to pick a pinky red colour for my dip dye as if it went wrong I would easily be able to cover it up. 
To dip dye the ends I first had to bleach them to lift the colour. I used Jerome Russel Bblonde hair lightener for medium to dark hair , although this dye worked well and provided the lifted effect I wanted, my friend
Emily from rainydaysandcupsoftea  also re dip-dyed her hair and used L'Oreal preference wild ombres. This kit seemed easier to use and came with a special applicator brush, so I would recommend the l'oreal kit.
Very dodgy picture of me after the blonde, Emo pose came from me freaking out at the Hayley Williams-esque do.

I then added the pink to the newly bleached ends to finish my do. I used my trusted live colour XXL, they have recently launched a new range of semi permanent brighter colours perfect for dip dyeing and adding things like streaks to your hair. I chose:
Raspberry Rebel.
This was quick to develop and smelt incredibly sweet and girly, which was a nice change from the stench of the bleach. I would definitely recommend these dyes as I'm really happy with the result, you definitely need to use them on recently bleached hair though. 
The end result:
Its only a small bit of dip dye, and a tad messy, but overall im really pleased with it, and its a look I aim to stick with for a little while.
Massive thank you to Emily for helping with the dyeing :)
FFFx


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog sweet!

    I love yours :) The background is so cool, mine is so dull and white hah!

    Chloe xxxx

    www.underestimatethegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful color.^^
    Maybe follow each other???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really pretty blended in with the pink and reds, my friend just did this to hers, but blue tips! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete