26 August 2013

Liebster Award



So last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Fay from Crazy Crafts . The award is a way for smaller bloggers to get in contact and big up each other, so it's nice to find out that people are actually starting to read my little blog!



So the Rules are:

1)You must have less than 200 followers to be nominated
2) Link back to the person that nominated you to share the love!
3) Tell the world some facts about yourself, 11 to be precise!
4) Answer 11 questions put to you by you nominator
5) Nominate 11 blogs that fit the bill (Less than 200 followers)
6) Ask your nominees 11 questions that they'll HAVE to answer 
7) Let you nominees know!


My 11 Facts:

-I've become slightly obsessed with lipsticks

-I used to be really into singing/performing, even performed at the Norwich Christmas lights switch on in 2008
- Despite people saying reality TV is pure trash, Lauren Conrad is one of my idols!

- I'm very organised and tidy, to the point that some people joke that its verging on OCD
-I always overcompensate how long it takes me to get to places, so its not unheard of for me to be hours early for Job interviews
-I bought and played Pokemon games a long time after it was socially acceptable to do so
- Nothing will ever beat cheese night in Po's on a Friday!
- I wish I had the money/confidence to really push and explore my look/style further
- I've been dyeing my hair for so long that I can't actually remember what my natural hair colour is
-I randomly started getting Tonsillitis last year, & it got so bad I had to have an operation to have them taken out
- In the past year I've really realized how different people can affect my life, some definitely for the better with a fresh perspective

The 11 Questions put to me:

-Favourite brand of nail polish?
Has to be Barry M, simply because of the sheer number of polishes I own by them; however Nails Inc is beginning to steal my heart simply because of their Basil Street Polish

-If you won the lottery which 5 things would you buy?
1: A flat/house; I'm such a home bird, so I'd definitely want to buy my own little space
2: Fiat 500! ; After not being able to afford a car during uni I'm seriously lusting after one, especially the cute little Fiat 500!
3: Holidays; I love to travel, and with everything that's been going on recently I'd want to have a big girly holiday and a romantic break with my boyfriend as well. Top of my list would be Disney World and I'd also love to go to Paris purely to shop and enjoy it!


4: I'm a Fashion student, so of course I would go on a massive shopping spree and buy all the fabulous designer items I'm never going to be able to afford.
5: I'd donate a sizeable chunk of the money to charity once I'd got a house sorted, and some saved as there's no need to hoard ridiculous amounts of money!

-Out of 10 how much do you enjoy blogging & why?
If I'm being truthful only about a 6/10; I'm still struggling to get myself organised to write posts and feel like I'm getting very far with it. However, my writing has really improved and all this experience will hopefully allow me to document my final collection when the time comes.

-Who is your favourite blogger?
I don't have a favourite per se, I'm still discovering a lot of blogs and love different aspects of so many different peoples blogs. So I have love for everyone really.

-What makes you happy?
My friends, family and my absolutely amazing boyfriend. It really is the simple things, I love baking, being by the sea and just being able to spend time with the people I care about.

-Which 4 items in your handbag can you not live without?
1: My phone
2: My notebook/sketchbook
3: Inhaler/Meds :P
4:Make up

-Favourite Film?
Bridesmaids, This just never fails to cheer me up and reminds me of girly nights in with friends

-Do you have a nickname?
No, I don't have very nickname-ables names :( So never really had one, other than year 11, when skins series 3 came out, everyone thought it was hilarious to start calling me Emily

-Favourite thing to do in your spare time?
Spend time at the beach, be curled up with my boy, or be shopping with my best girls!

-Are you into soaps or not?
No, I definitely think I missed the memo, reality tv is my addiction, namely The Hills and MIC 

-Best time of the year and why?
Christmas, everyone comes together and is so much nicer to each other at Christmas. Since going away to Uni family time is more important that ever, & as a child decorating the house and baking for Christmas was always the highlight of the year. In Bath there's the Christmas Market to look forward to, and planning a day of shopping in London (my halfway point between home and uni) with the boy.


My Nominations! :


& my questions for them:
-Who is you style icon?
-If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life what would it be?
-If you could only pick one make up product to use which would it be?
- Where is one place you really want to explore/travel?
-If you could have any hair colour and pull it off what would you pick?
-If you could only shop at one store from now on, where and why?
-Love or a career you enjoy?
-A quote that you live by?
-Favourite holiday season? (ie, Easter, Christmas, Valentines day)
-Biggest fashion faux pas you've ever made?
-When shopping do you go for the full experience instore or the ease of online?


Hope you take a look at all these lovely ladies blogs and continue to share the love.
fff
xox






1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie!

    What a great post!

    Looking forward to meeting you at the #BathXmasMeet :-)

    Ps - it's my first meet too!

    Emily x

    www.emilys-elixir.com

    ReplyDelete